The CVC Foundation is committed to assisting CVC secure new conservation lands to protect their benefit to the environment and connect more people with nature.
We firmly believe that greenlands securement:
- Provides the greatest certainty for protection of water resources and can help address the problem of water security at its source, by protecting streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, and aquifers that provide drinking water
- Protects ecologically vital lands and significant habitat for plants and animals
- Creates, in perpetuity, a connected natural heritage system
- Provides watershed residents and visitors with places to visit, appreciate, recreate and develop a connection to nature
The CVCF Land Securement Cabinet provides fundraising leadership to enable CVC to secure important natural areas through purchase, donation or easements. These secured natural areas will create an interconnected network of greenlands for the health and well-being of the environment and future generations.
Our campaign goals will advance CVC’s Greenlands Securement Strategy; a science-driven, criteria-based process that identifies significantly important conservation land. The strategy recommends at a minimum, over the next 20 years, that 5,670 hectares of greenlands within the Credit River watershed be secured by CVC and its partners, as these lands will contribute to the foundation of a connected system that will provide natural heritage protection, appreciation and recreational benefits for healthy ecosystems and healthy communities.
Our Current Priority:
Three ways you can support our Land Securement efforts:
2. Make a donation via mail or phone. You can download our printable CVCF DONATION FORM and return with your cheque of money order or call 905-670-1615 to make a donation by credit card.
3. Get your business or community organization involved. You have the opportunity to have a direct and profound impact on our community. Whether it is through sponsorships, donations, services or volunteers there are countless ways we can work together. Please contact Celeste Longhurst, Specialist, Corporate Engagement at 905-670-1615 x238 or email@example.com
4. Volunteer. Learn more about joining or helping our Land Securement Cabinet LEARN MORE HERE
Thank you to our Land Securement Donors