Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) was formed on May 13, 1954 by an Act of Provincial Government and has been working for more than 60 years to protect the natural environment. CVC is one of 36 conservation authorities operating in Ontario, and is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed.
As the primary scientific authority for the watershed, CVC works in partnership with municipal governments, schools, businesses and community organizations to deliver locally-based programs. These programs support:
- Water resources
- Land management and acquisition
- Environmental advisory services (Planning)
- Conservation area management
- Natural heritage
While CVC receives funding from a variety of sources, there is never enough money to carry out all of the important environmental work that needs to be done. Donating to the Foundation helps this important work get done.
A thriving environment that protects, connects and sustains us.
Together, it’s our nature to conserve and our future to shape through the power of science, education, policy and leadership.
- Leadership: We lead by example. We inspire and empower the community and our partners.
- Service: We are responsive and professional in our interactions with the public, our partners and among ourselves.
- Collaboration: We work together and with our volunteers, partners and the community to achieve shared goals.
- Accountability: We are accountable to taxpayers, our partners and donors. Above all, we are accountable to the environment.
- Integrity: We are consistent, honest, ethical and make decisions based on the best available science.
- Excellence: We continually learn and improve to be the best we can be.
- Innovation: We encourage new and creative technologies and approaches.
- Holistic Thinking: We see the big picture and recognize the interconnectedness of elements that form larger systems.
- Inclusiveness: We value the diverse perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles and cultures that together inform the work we do.
- Spirit: We help each other, give back to the community and celebrate achievements.